Our Client is a Multinational US Company, Worldwide leader in the production of Gasoline and Diesel Engines for a wide range of Customers, Dealers and B2B in the Automotive, Construction and Agricultural Industry.
Well recognised for ongoing and intensive R&D activities, innovative thinking and focus on alternative and advanced technology, offering today an unrivalled wide range of products and Services ideally suited for many applications meeting the latest stringent emission legislation, and Distributor Requirements.
For the European Head office – Emilia / Italy we are selecting a
PLATFORM / PROJECT LEADER
Profile: Refering to the Chief Engineer – Engineering, Diesel Engines,
The Project Engineer:
• Coordinates the project development activities according to priorities, time and cost for an Engine Family.
• Creates the Product Profile as technical summary of all the marketing requirements.
• Refers to the Chief Engineer for all engineering major projects.
• Analyzes, evaluates and plans methods of approach to and organizes a means to achieve the solution of complex technical problems related to the design and development of new engines. Conception, creative design, analysis, development, and results evaluation of new or improved engines and components at the highest professional engineering level.
• Planning, scheduling coordination and technical direction of major new product or component design and development projects, including the work of the other engineers and skilled technical support personnel assigned to the projects.
• Performs assignments of a complicated or difficult nature, requiring a high degree of technical competence. Analyzes, evaluates and plans methods of approach to and organizes a means to achieve the solution of complex technical problems.
• Consults with technical staff for a major technology and on technical matters.
Talks to customers to understand their requirements.
Responsible for project targets achievements, including performance, time, development costs and BOM cost, by ensuring the planned activities execution (drafting, sample construction and delivery, test, up to release for production) for an Engine Family.
Refers to the Validation department in order to get approval for the development plan and the development deliverables
Refers to the Design and Development resources team to get approval for the BOM cost, development cost, project time plan.
Prepare detail project plans, including statements of technical objectives and approaches, task breakdowns, timeline, project cost estimates and product cost analyses for the design and development of new engines.
Ask to the teams (design, testing, CAE, calibration) the resources for each project.
Coordinate resources assigned to platform, coming from design, testing and other areas.
Maintain project records, prepare technical, cost and other reports as requested to show progress and results achieved. Responsible for maintain¬ing program budget.
Contribute sound professional advice and creative new ideas, concepts and approaches relative to new project design and development.
Keep abreast and well informed of state-of-the-art and important events in areas relevant to engine design and development through publications, outside contacts, meetings, shows, seminars and short courses.
Accountable for the assigned projects and resources
Communicate the parameters of projects goals and regularly share information relevant to achieving those goals with project teams.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
Spervisory relationships: Reports to Chief Engineer – Engineering, Diesel Engines
Supervisory responsibilities: No direct reports
Supervises several platform projects: Coordinates the activities of 1 to 3 Project Engineers, from Design, Testing or other Engineering areas, and based on projects.
Organizational Relationships: Frequent contact with Design, Testing, Calibration, Product Validation managers and staff, Manufacturing Engineering, Purchasing, Quality and Marketing staff too.
External Business Relationships:
• Frequent contacts with customers.
• Maintain membership in professional organizations and societies involved in engine technologies
• Occasional contact with outside consultants and research institute staffs
• Attend technical conference for new engine technologies
The Ideal Candidate has five-year University degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent, at least five years work experience, recognized for achievement and technical expertise within a professional field or possesses in-depth, applied experience in multiple engineering specialties.
The Candidate we are looking for has Good Communication skills (willingly shares information, facilitates meaningful discussion and assign follow-up actions), evolves innovation by making cumulative knowledge through good documentation.
• Calculated Risk taker: make appropriate technical decisions taking risk with long term or strategic consequences and is able to justify risk under critical review
• Project Management
• Setting priorities
The Company offers an excellent opportunity in a challenging and international environment. You will be part of a professional and collaborative Team.
Work Location: Reggio Emilia
INFORMAZIONI PER CANDIDARSI – Offerta di lavoro Reggio Emilia
Per un primo contatto invia, anche subito, il tuo Curriculum aggiornato e Lettera di Motivazione per la posizione Project Engineer – Platform / Project Leader a email@example.com con, in oggetto, il riferimento alla posizione.
Per completare la tua candidatura:
• Crea o aggiorna il tuo Profilo K&P, ecco il link diretto: Registra il tuo Profilo K&P
• Allega al Profilo Cv aggiornato ed eventuale Lettera di Presentazione/Motivazione
• Inserisci nel tuo Profilo il riferimento 657/16 PEP.
Riceverai subito una lettera di avvenuta registrazione e sarai contattato a breve se potenzialmente in linea con il Profilo ideale.
Per eventuali ulteriori informazioni, siamo disponibili al Tel. 0522 512067
Siamo anche su LinkedIN: diventa nostro Follower per ricevere tutte le Job News!
Si chiede di esplicitare l'autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali (D.Lgs196/03).
K&P Consulting Srl, iscritta all'Albo delle Agenzie per il Lavoro , Prot. n° 39/0002041, invita i candidati ambosessi (L. 903/77) a leggere l'Infomativa sulla Privacy (art. 13 D.Lgs. 196/2003) sul sito www.kpconsulting.it