Our Client is a Multinational Company, Kohler Engines EMEA, Worldwide leader in the production of small and medium size Diesel Engines for a wide range of Customers, qualified Dealers and OEM Customers in the Automotive, Construction and Agricultural Industry, Mobile Equipment, “On and Off highway”.
Reggio Emilia Area
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain, organize and communicate accounting and financial information, and to assist with the preparation of the annual plan, actual versus plan comparative reports, special reports and ad hoc financial analysis. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies.
- The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Question and analyze financial results and dig into issues that appear questionable.
- Able to perform cause and effect analysis of operational results in order to correlate the financials and the business performance.
- Generate and maintain models to support management reports that compare actual financial results against plan, forecast and previous years
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports to monitor the actual impact of initiatives and events against both plan and historical benchmarks.
- Assist in the creation of reports and analysis that support the annual plan process as requested.
- Prepare monthly reports to track key business trends.
- Provide analytical support as requested.
- Assist in preparation of executive presentation materials as requested
- Support Jr Financial Analysts, with less experience/knowledge, to carry out their activities, with a good understanding of processes;
- Participate in decision making and conflict resolution.
- Provide financial support to warranty department and assists in expenses analysis and monitoring on a regular basis, especially with reference to warranty claims analysis by product line for monthly closing, forecast and plan purposes.
- Prepare and perform quarterly warranty operating expenses review with Warranty department, facilitating the understanding of variances between actual and plan/forecast, in order to identify corrective actions.
- Support preparation of operating expenses plan for subsidiaries, sharing them with branch managers and Shared Service Center, in charge of actual reporting.
- Perform balance sheet analyses as a basis to develop capital employed forecast and plan, monitoring consolidated results and understanding underlying logics
- Perform E&O calculation review on a monthly basis, being the finance member support for logistic department, sharing findings and related analysis.
- Sub-consolidate financial data for monthly closing at Engines EMEA level as an interim step to obtain Global Diesel results.
- Support manager-finance in global diesel analyses, digging into warranty and other expenses dynamics.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
- Reports to the Manager – Finance, Engines EMEA
- Organization Relationship:
- Daily contacts with the Finance team
- Frequent contacts with all departments
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business required
• Master degree preferred
• Three years financial related experience within a corporate environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• English knowledge is a must.
• SAP ERP knowledge would be a plus.
• Problem Solving
• Ability to set priorities
• Time management