Our Client is a Multinational US Company, Worldwide leader in the production of Gasoline and Diesel Engines for a wide range of Customers, Dealers and B2B in the Automotive, Construction and Agricultural Industry.
Well recognised for ongoing and intensive R&D activities, innovative thinking and focus on alternative and advanced technology, offering today an unrivalled wide range of products and Services ideally suited for many applications meeting the latest stringent emission legislation, and Distributor Requirements.
For the UK Branch Office, situated in the Oxfordshire, we are selecting a dynamic
PRESALES AND APPLICATIONS ENGINEER
Under the supervision of the Branch Manager Engines UK, the position provides administration & technical support including new engine technical specifications, meeting customers' requirements.
He/She supports the Branch Manager on technical answers to customers and to sales people; he/she creates and updates technical documentation to support sales and informs customers about product evolution.
• Create new engine specifications relating to customer requests or specific engine applications (customization) or modify existing engine specs to fulfil new customers' requests or market needs.
• Support the Branch personnel by using existing configuration tools to create engine versions, and to monitor the existence of similar versions to the requested ones, to propose to customers.
• Support sales personnel and customers with specific technical information.
• Request to update the configuration system (carried out by Technical Dept.), to avoid obsolete components.
• Provide support for engine installation approval testing, including the involvement with the service/warranty function of the company.
• Visit with Sales Area Managers to customers or OEMs and support for new applications, new technical solution and presentation of new engines.
• Support the Branch Manager in the pre-series development of new engine versions to ensure they meet the needs of existing or new potential customers.
• Support the Branch Manager to assist customers with information and liaising with dealers to provide local support as & when required.
• Support UK OEMs to provide solutions to technical issues.
• Dealing with customer queries (order tracking and general availability).
• Support the Branch Manager in pricing & quotations to customers. Orders: place and check them for delivery dates and subsequent customer liaison.
• Monitoring the order portfolio and the execution of the orders from the original request to their delivery.
• Compilation of data analysis.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
• Frequent contacts with UK Sales Area Managers.
• Frequent contacts with Engineering dept.
• Frequent contacts with Quality and Service dept.
• Occasional contacts with Logistics Planning dept.
• Occasional contacts with Marketing dept.
External business relationships
• Regular contacts with customers.
• Regular contacts with OEMs.
The candidate we are looking for has Bachelor Degree in mechanical or electronic engineer, at least one year of related experience in Programmes and Planning or one year of related experience in Engineering/ or equivalent knowledge.
The ideal candidate has good attitude to deal with internal people and customers requested, Problem Solving, independence, attitude to travel and deal with different cultures and excellent knowledge of English. Italian knowledge is a plus.
The ideal candidate is a UK Citizen, already resident in UK.
How To apply for this position
It is necessary to send your application, a short letter of presentation and updated CV, possibly with photo, directly to our consultant Susanne Kristiansen – mail: email@example.com
All applicants in line with the “ideal candidate profile” will be contacted within two weeks time for a first Skype Interview and receive further details riguarding the position.
K&P Consulting is a registered Company, Ref. No 39/0002041, K&P Consulting invites all candidates (Law 903/77) to read the privacy statement (Article 13 of Legislative Decree 196/2003) on the website www.kpconsulting.it
K&P Consulting is on LinkedIn and Facebook: follow us to receive all the latest Job News!